HOW GOOD YOU WANT TO BE

Wednesday December 9th, 2015

I judge books by their cover. Shame on me, I know! That’s why I fail on picking a good novel… but that’s also why I find great light books – those kind of lifestyle, nothing deep. When I stroll around a bookstore I always end up in front of the marketing/personal branding/career bookshelves. They just play top on the cover design!

One of my latest book acquisitions (see them all here) is a 120 pages inspiration story written by Paul Arden, called an advertising guru who was the creative director of Saatchi&Saatchi. It’s not how good you are, it’s how good you want to be (find it here). Only the title gave me a boost of motivation. Paul’s advice in every page did nothing but reaffirm my own beliefs and thoughts on facing life and career. The book is framed on advertising, where I graduated, but I feel it’s useful for anyone interested in achieving life and career goals. And, who’s not?

I don’t believe in luck in career life. Ok, maybe there’s a 10% of magic but the remaining 90% is work, hard work. Know yourself and play your cards at your best, make the right decisions even though you don’t know you’re taking them (we can’t predict our future… yet!), take risks and never lose sight of your goal: make sure that every single step you take leads you to the dreamed version of your life. It’s all about how passionate you are and how committed you are with yourself. It’s about how good you want to be. You may feel lost at some point, you may feel frustrated… but in the end it all makes a sense and when you’re on a high moment, the lows won’t be nothing at all.

Really recommend you this book at any point of your life. Pages written with inspiring and encouraging words that provide a clear vision of how to achieve your own definition of success… if you haven’t read it yet, you’re on time for the Christmas wishlist!

Working girl lifestyle | How good you want to be

It’s not how good you are, it’s how good you want to be
“The world’s top advertising guru, Paul Arden, offers up his wisdom on issues as diverse as problem solving, responding to a brief, communicating, playing your cards right, making mistakes, and creativity – all endeavors that can be applied to aspects of modern life.
This uplifting and humorous little book provides a unique insight into the world of advertising and is a quirky compilation of quotes, facts, pictures, wit and wisdom – all packed into easy-to-digest, bite-sized spreads. If you want to succeed in life or business, this book is a must.”

Do your best everyday, you working girl!

A.

WRITE A COMMENT